17th October - 12th December 2017, Tuesdays 7-9pm
St Mary’s Church, Church Road, Barnes SW13
Mindfulness means paying attention, in a particular way; on purpose, in the present moment, and non-judgmentally.
Originally developed by Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinn in the 80's. The course is 8 weekly 2 hour sessions where you will be guided through meditation practices and exercises as well as have the opportunity to share experiences and receive support. Home practice is a part of the course that is intended to help you establish your own regular meditation practice. You will be given recordings and a manual which will help your practice. The main aim of the course is to develop skills of being present and noticing your experiences to yourself and the world around you.
This 8 week Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) programme is highly experiential, structured and supportive and includes:
- 8 weekly 2 hour sessions
- 1 retreat silent retreat day on Saturday 2nd December
- Guided instruction in Mindful meditation practices
- Group discussion and Mindful communication exercises to bring awareness to everyday life
- Individual instruction gentle stretching and Mindful movement
- Weekly assignments practiced on a daily basis
- Guided meditations on downloads and a manual
- Discussions and sharing of experiences
- 30 minutes of daily home practices
- Connecting the practices to everyday life and challenges
In the course you will become more aware of the unhelpful thought patterns that can trigger and perpetuate stress, anxiety and low moods. With this awareness comes choice and an improved ability to respond skillfully to life's hurdles. The programme can be challenging but also deeply rewarding and life affirming. Naturally the more you practice you more you will benefit.
The course fee is £295.
Course limited to a maximum of 10 students.
Please get in touch if there is anything you want to discuss, or unsure whether it is right for you, either by email or call me on 07900 957240.